Melbourne Directory 1854 (Butterfield)
Melbourne Directory 1854 (Butterfield). J. Butterfield. 1854. Directories can provide varied clues and insights for family and local historians. They record those who lived in the area, along with their occupations, what facilities were available and much more. They may contain information on early members of your family.
This early Melbourne directory is arranged as follows:
- Map of Melbourne
- Directory - arranged by streets
- Directory - arranged alphabetically
- Trade and Professional Directory
- Public Companies and Societies
- Squatters' Directory - with names of runs and their occupation
- Official (Government) Directory
The Archive CD Books Project exists to make reproductions of old books, documents and maps available on CD to genealogists and historians, and to cooperate with local libraries, museums and record offices in providing money to renovate old books in their collection, and to donate books to their collections, where they will be preserved for future generations. Archive CD Books Australia.