|INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBERS USING THE HISTORIC
MAPS RESOURCES ON WORLDVITALRECORDS:
Finding Information in Our Historic Maps
Collection is Easy.
Follow the directions below if you know the name of the landowner for whom you wish to search. This name index associates a landowner with a map.
1. Go to: http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/
2. Type your ancestor's name and place into the search box.
3. Click on Search Now.
4. If the surname you are searching for is associated with a map, you will see a thumbnail picture of the map on the search results page.
To search the historic map collection by county
and state, follow these directions.
1. Go to: http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/indexinfo.aspx?ix=hmw_usmaps
2. Type the in a county or state name into the search boxes.
3. Click on Search This Database.
4. If the place you are looking for is in the collection, you will see
a thumbnail picture of the map on the search results page.
Instructions on How To Access Your Free $5 In-Home
1. Go to the Historic Map Works Collection using this link: http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/indexinfo.aspx?ix=hmw_nameindex
or this link: http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/indexinfo.aspx?ix=hmw_usmaps
2. Click the map from the results list that you would like to print.
You will then be taking to a page that gives you the option to buy a
copy.The $5 print bonus will automatically appear in the upper
right-hand corner of your screen.
3. Select one of the following options:
Option 1: Buy a copy that Historic Map Works will print and send to you
Option 2: Select the PRINT option that allows you to print your own map
for $.99. Find the map you would like to print.
Note: You must be logged in to your
WorldVitalRecords.com account to access the bonus.
Instructions on How to Get 10 Percent Off Your
Historic Map Works Purchase.
1. Click on the map you wish to purchase.
2. When you check out, use the promo code WVR
Instructions on How to Get Free Shipping on Orders
1. Select the maps you wish to purchase and go to the shopping cart.
2. When checking out, use the promo code WVR
3. If you qualify for free shipping, UPS ground will automatically be
selected. If you wish, you may choose a faster option (such as Next Day
or 2-Day shipping). Standard shipping prices will apply if you choose
an option other than ground shipping.
Note: This offer only applies for free shipping on
orders over $100.
About This Collection
Historic Map Works' map collection includes: United States property
atlases, antiquarian maps, nautical charts, birds-eye views, special
collections (celestial maps, portraits, and other historical images),
as well as directories and other text documents. This database contains
more than 1.5 million individual images for you to explore. Track your
ancestors to their homes; see the roads they traveled on, and the names
of the neighbors with whom they conversed.
PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- 10% Off Any
Print Order at Historic Map Works. Print a map of the plot of
land of your grandfather's home or perhaps a map of the location where
your great grandmother sewed her first sweater. You might even print
off a map of what the neighborhood looked like 50 years ago, or what
the spot of land where your home currently is located looked like 200
years ago. The possibilities are endless.
- Spend $100 or
more and Historic Map Works will pay for your shipping.
- With your
subscription to FamilyLink.com, you also receive a $5 print bonus,
which allows you to print five maps (8.5 x 11.5) on your home printer
In partnership with Historic Map Works
/ Historic Earth, WorldVitalRecords has added maps from throughout
the United States. With Historic Map Works, WorldVitalRecords is adding more
than 1.5 million maps and 15 million landowner names to its growing
The exclusive partnership with Historic Map Works
will allow users to explore
images that span several hundred years of American urban and rural
development. Another feature of the collection is the ability for
users to overlay old maps on top of current maps (or Google maps) to
see exactly where their ancestors lived.
Historic Map Works's map collection includes:
- Antiquarian Maps
- Nautical Charts
- Birdseye Views
Portraits, and other
- Directories and other